This work is hand signed with the artist initials in pencil "M.L" at the lower right margin.
It is an original etching printed by Liebermann in 1894.
This work is from the second state out of two.
The back side of the paper bears the inventory stamp of the “Kunsthistorische Museum, Rostock. Inv. No. K 1602 g”
1. Property of the Burkamp Collection, Rostock.
Stored at the Kunsthistorische Museum, Rostock, later appropriated by the German Democratic Republic and restituted to heir of the Burkamp Collection.
2. Christie’s London.
Literature: Max Liebermann. Sein graphisches Werk. The graphic work 1876-1923.
by Gustav Schiefler
Reference: Schiefler 30 II. (details on page 43, illustrated on page 217).